I’m not too proud to beg…I’ll need all the help I can get :)
Here’s where I will likely be on marathon day (Sunday Oct 11) at a 12 minute mile pace (I run very slow so if you are watching others, I take a much longer time to pass you by). Likely I will slow down after 18 or 20 so if you don’t see me at these exact times, don’t panic. If you do track me online you will be able to see if I’m on pace or adjust accordingly. Assume it takes me an hour to run 5 miles if that helps so overall it will take me a minimum of 5 hours and 15 minutes. More than likely it will take me 5 hrs and 45 so not sure when the extra 30 minutes will come into play.
Let me know if you plan to be around and where you’ll be so I can find you. I’ll let you know what I’m wearing once I decide!
Register for runner tracking here: http://live.activeresult.com/msg/MSG-signup.tcl?event_id=37
Course map here: http://www.chicagomarathon.com/CMS400Min/uploadedFiles/Chicago_Marathon/Runner_Information/09_CM_Map_9_7.pdf
- Start Line: 7:50 am (probably 20 minutes after official race start which is at 7:30am)
- Mile 5.5 – Old Town at LaSalle & North – 9:02 am
- 10.K mark for runner tracking (compare this to the runner alert to see if I’m on time) – 9:12 am
- Mile 7.5 – Boys Town at the turnaround at Addison – 9:30 am
- Mile 10 – Old Town by Sedgwick & North – 9:50 am
- Mile 12.5 – Adams near Franklin by Eileen – 10:20 am
- Mile 13.2 (halfway point and runner tracking) – Adams after Wacker – 10:30 am
- Mile 17.5 – Little Italy on Taylor street past Halsted – 11:32 am
- 30K mark for runner tracking (compare this to runner alert to see if I’m on time) – 11:45 am
- Mile 21.5 – Chinatown at Archer & Wentworth – 12:20 pm
- Mile 26 – Michigan & Roosevelt – 1:12 pm
If you are actually going to be out and want to stick around to cheer me on let me know where you’ll be and I’ll try to look for you too! I’ll even likely have my phone on me. If I’m feeling good I’ll even Tweet LOL!